Tool for installing liner ???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bearclaw27

Feb 4, 2013
Hi.. Is anyone aware of a tool which is used to connect a liner to a wood burning insert from the inside of the firebox? I have seen it done before but I can't locate this tool online, nor any reference to this tool...

The guys who installed my Yotul insert a few years ago removed the baffle and top bricks etc, then reached thru the flu opening and connected some type of tool to the stainless liner and pulled it into the firebox..

I am currently having an FPX insert installed and the guys are having a tough time connecting the liner because there is not enough clearance between the insert and the top of the stove..

Thanks

--bear

no specific tool that i'm aware of.
i've attached heavy stainless steel straps to the inside of the connector and pulled it snug from the inside, and used ss screws to fix the straps to the inside top of the firebox.

lots of units now have removable flue collars that attach to the liner before the stove is inserted, then bolt up to the stove from the inside.

from the manual for their flush insert....

RLH manufactures starter
sections in straight or
angled configurations to
suit your application.
They are secured from
inside the firebox, making
installation much easier.
Contact RLH for additional
details:

there is a picture in the manual- this looks like the way i used to do it, just the straps are factory installed in the flue connector

thanks alot... yea, I saw that in my owners manual... sadly, the numb-nuts who sold me the insert, (and are installing it) know nothing about it...

thanks alot... yea, I saw that in my owners manual... sadly, the numb-nuts who sold me the insert, (and are installing it) know nothing about it...
This is not a common way of installing an insert. Just because they haven't done it this way doesn't make them dumb.

You could have just done it yourself!

This is not a common way of installing an insert. Just because they haven't done it this way doesn't make them dumb.

You could have just done it yourself!

Not common perhaps, but makes you wonder how long they've been doing this type of work if they haven't run into this issue in the past

They have been n business for over 20 years.. My issue is that the starter section is referenced in the manual for the insert which they sold me...It seems like a case of RTFM... also, installing it myself would probably void the warranty...

Status
Not open for further replies.