Tools for Saw work! Husky' or saws in general.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been tempted to pick up a torque wrench, too. I have a big Snap On for automotive purposes, but nothing suitable for chainsaw-scale work. Sadly the only adjustable T-handle torque wrench I've found tops out at 8 Nm, which is a bit low.

we got some where i work.....but i don't know what the #'s mean.....it has engraved cn.m with 40 thru 300....made by Kanon....i'm guessing that those #'s mean pounds? they're pretty small,and take hex head bits......oooof, i just looked up price for new, they want $190.00.......for a wrench.....

Last edited:
Well, nm means newton-meters, which is a metric unit for measuring torque. I believe cn.m means centi-newton meters, or hundredths of a newton meter. 40-300 cn.m would be for torquing very small screws, and not nearly strong enough for cylinder heads.

Most chainsaw fasteners are around 10-15 N-m. That happens to be the center range of torque for this Craftsman torque wrench:

http://www.craftsman.com/craftsman-...p-00931423000P?prdNo=3&blockNo=3&blockType=G3

A T-style torque wrench would be optimal but my Craftsman Micro-Clicker model gets the job done on my chainsaw cylinder bolts.
Well, nm means newton-meters, which is a metric unit for measuring torque. I believe cn.m means centi-newton meters, or hundredths of a newton meter. 40-300 cn.m would be for torquing very small screws, and not nearly strong enough for cylinder heads.
ahhhhh ha, yeah, we use em on very tiny screws where the torque has to be precise

Most chainsaw fasteners I've encountered are around 8-15 N-m. That high end happens to be near the center range of torque for this Craftsman torque wrench:

http://www.craftsman.com/craftsman-...p-00931423000P?prdNo=3&blockNo=3&blockType=G3

A T-style torque wrench would be optimal but my Craftsman Micro-Clicker model gets the job done on my chainsaw cylinder bolts.
that looks like one we use every now and again, i think made by SK, this one has more fig newtons and inch pounds of 25-to-250....i have a poulan saw i can ''practice'' on.....farthest i've got so far is removing the clutch and oiler, so i don't think i'm quite ready for a piston swap on a big boy.....yet

Status
Not open for further replies.