top auger moving pellets very slow

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

alpinestars96

Jan 23, 2012
Western New York
The stove pretty much goes out by itself, the igniter is junk so barely re lights automaticaly. How can I bump up the speed of the top auger so its moving some pellets?

alpinestars96 said:
The stove pretty much goes out by itself, the igniter is junk so barely re lights automaticaly. How can I bump up the speed of the top auger so its moving some pellets?

What are your lower three settings at and what are you running your stove at for a heat range?

Are you saying that it runs out of pellets?

As Smokey asked above, what is the stove set at? Also, what brand pellets?

EDIT: As I remember, this was a new stove last year? If so, get in contact with Englander and get a new ignitor before warranty runs out.

The stove is a 2011 model and I bought it a month ago. 1 4 1 are the settings per customer service when I called a couple weeks ago. Heat is on 9 fan is on 9 because its hooked up to my thermostat. Thermostat is on 72. I also found out it may have been the hopper latches being too loose. The button on hopper might not have been fully pressed down. I just tightened it about 10. Thanksmins ago. I will let everyone know if that was my issue.

Well, if the Tech guys told you to run it at 1-4-1, I guess I shouldn't question them, but "normally" a PDVC is supposed to be set at 4-6-1.

The LFF setting you have , and with a LBA of 4 would be a good reason the fire keeps going out....not enough fuel in the burnpot, and the air is causing the fuel that IS there to burn too quick, IMO.

Just for HaHa's, try setting the stove at 3-5-1 and see what happens.

imacman said:
Well, if the Tech guys told you to run it at 1-4-1, I guess I shouldn't question them, but "normally" a PDVC is supposed to be set at 4-6-1.

The LFF setting you have , and with a LBA of 4 would be a good reason the fire keeps going out....not enough fuel in the burnpot, and the air is causing the fuel that IS there to burn too quick, IMO.

Just for HaHa's, try setting the stove at 3-5-1 and see what happens.

I see going for S**ts & Giggles, bet it sorta works like better.

Status
Not open for further replies.