Top Auger Not Turning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skip

Dec 25, 2008
Vancouver Island (Canada)
Yes, got real lucky on this little cutie.

Found the installation instructions inside the hopper, well after I installed the unit.

Had a quick look at the DVD that was enclosed advising me to not to install until "after" I had read the entire booklet and viewed the DVD. The DVD instructs to do a dry run first.

The lower auger is fine, the "glow" plug is glowing fine and shuts down after about 3 minutes but as stated the upper auger doesn't turn at all even with the interlock switched pushed down to simulate the hopper lid being closed. The who unit shuts down after about 20 minutes (estimated) as it seems it's suppose to do. There are no pellets in the hopper.

So now do I just tear it out of the house and take it back? It's out in the middle of nowhere and I'm no longer at the house that I installed it in so any advice would be appreciated.

First of all, welcome to the forum.

Secondly, we have no way to help you since you gave no information on what brand or model of stove your talking about.

It helps to put that info into the thread "title" line, so the people who have the same stove, or know something about them, will see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.