Top down burning?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Delta-T said:
hmmm, I am familiar with these principles. have you seen the "afterburner" (which i think they now call the Fire Dome) that Harman uses? Seems similar to this gasification boiler concept = no tubes, combustion air from the upper front of the stove body, drafting into lower back section, extra air added= clean burn. Had to say stochiometric didn't you? Now I gotta break out the dictionary. S...S....st.....sto....
stoch...= needed amount of air for complete combustion. with woodgas its about 7 parts air to 1 part woodgas, approximately

I've tried the top down burn in a gassifier and usually get a major fire on top and not much fire for the gass chamber. Seems like I have my own little out-o- control fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.