1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Top down start, break in fire

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by USMC80, Sep 18, 2013.

1. USMC80

USMC80 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    New Jersey
    heres a pic before bed, you can see it was loosely packed and not close to full

[​IMG]

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. DAKSY

DAKSY Patriot Guard Rider Staff Member

Loc:
    Averill Park, NY, on Burden Lake II...
    I wouldn't worry too much about the thermo (snap) disk. They generally take a little while before they close for the first time, almost like they, too, need a break in fire. After a couple of cycles, it'll start to operate the fan in 15 - 20 minutes & will stay that way til it fails, which usually takes years. BTW, The Hampton was always my favorite woodburning insert, when I was in the trade. Love those secondaries, too!
  3. USMC80

USMC80 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    New Jersey
    Thanks for the advice Daksy, I won't mess with it then. I was really suprised how much heat this thing put out without the fan even running. Pretty sure it would heat the whole upstairs without the fan until the freezing temps kick in