Top Facing Trim Clearance Solution

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gac17

Feb 23, 2013
Ct
Just put down a deposit on a Napoleon 1402. I was hoping for some additional help from you guys in determining if a heat shield or mantel shield will be sufficient to meet clearance requirements. My main concern is whether this option is a 100% acceptable way to install my insert and work around low top facing trim. I have searched the board here and have't found an answer that instills a lot of confidence.

Wood trim starts at a height of 36". Its sticks out 1.5".

The Napoleon 1402 has a height of 19 3/4". It has a minimum top facing clearance of 28". So my clearance would only be 16 1/4".

Will a heat shield be sufficient to reduce the minimum top facing clearance and be compliant requirements/codes?

You guys have been great so far, hope you can bear with me as I continue to educate myself about insert clearances.

Yes, a properly installed heat shield is acceptable. Congratulations on your new stove purchase!

Status
Not open for further replies.