top sealing damper

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

italia899

Aug 27, 2006
Hello all,

Has anyone used one of these? I am encountering brands like Chim-A-Lator, Lock-Top, and Lyemance. Has anyone had any experience with these brands? I like the Chim-A-Lator and Lock-Top because each has the mesh around them to keep the critters out.

I'm looking for an easy way to seal the top of my 30' chimney in the spring and summer, and the above products look to be a good solution.

Thanks

I bought a Lyemance top damper for my fireplace a couple years ago and it works great! Don't use the fireplace much, just wanted a good cover up there to keep the weather out. Also use to have a problem with smoke coming down that flue from my other flue that is right next to it venting my wood stove. Problem solved. They are easy to install and are a good replacement for a missing or warped fireplace damper.

Status
Not open for further replies.