TOP TIP - Stretching Your Firewood Supply

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks a lot like them. I have high hopes the bags will let the moisture out and my processing work wasn't a waste. My only real concern is mold. I ran out of bags so I have three garbage cans full as well so I'll find out soon enough which is the better way of drying the stuff.
Those uline bags look a lot like the ones that grass seed comes in, which don't strike me as being very permeable (though still better than plastic). I suspect burlap would be better, because both the fiber and the weave should allow more air flow...

Those uline bags look a lot like the ones that grass seed comes in, which don't strike me as being very permeable (though still better than plastic). I suspect burlap would be better, because both the fiber and the weave should allow more air flow...
It's what I had. They're full of holes anyway from wood poking through. Time will tell.

Burlap does have the ability to retain moisture in its fibers... When I saw the bags used, it reminded me of the large sand and rock bags we have for concrete work on-site. I know the material is very similar to geotextile that we have used for silt mitigation on marine construction projects too. Allows some water movement but contains silt better.

As jatoxico says, time will tell how well they work;)

Status
Not open for further replies.