1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Topped off Cherrry & Ice bent Sugar Maple

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by thewoodlands, Apr 7, 2011.

1. thewoodlands

thewoodlands Minister of Fire

After pushing in some wood tonight I took a walk in the woods on the south side of the house and found the topped off Cherry plus the Sugar Maple that has been growing arched to the north. It's not alot of wood but it all adds up.

Zap

Attached Files:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    Those arching trees are sort of neat. Then there are the crooked ones like that one cherry you have. We've got one or two cherry trees growing crooked too and they are well noted to do that.

I hope this weekend you get the warm to melt all your snow. Sitting here in the house I can see only 2 very small spots of snow. There just is not much left here except where the snow bank were. I did pull one of our trailers out this morning that was behind a snow bank. The snow is only about 6" there but that will be gone in a day or two. Spring has finally arrived in Michigan, or at least in this area. Yooper Dave no doubt still has plenty.
  3. thewoodlands

thewoodlands Minister of Fire

Warm weather moving in with the temps getting in the 50's today and the 60's for the weekend. Taking a run back in later today and bring a small load (quaking aspen) out so I can see if I'll be able to take the chains off the front tires or maybe both for the weekend.

Zap