Topped off Cherrry & Ice bent Sugar Maple

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
After pushing in some wood tonight I took a walk in the woods on the south side of the house and found the topped off Cherry plus the Sugar Maple that has been growing arched to the north. It's not alot of wood but it all adds up.

Zap

Attachments

• 100_2739.jpg
    100_2739.jpg
    339.3 KB · Views: 234
  • 100_2740.jpg
    100_2740.jpg
    399.9 KB · Views: 210
  • 100_2742-1.jpg
    100_2742-1.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 224
Those arching trees are sort of neat. Then there are the crooked ones like that one cherry you have. We've got one or two cherry trees growing crooked too and they are well noted to do that.

I hope this weekend you get the warm to melt all your snow. Sitting here in the house I can see only 2 very small spots of snow. There just is not much left here except where the snow bank were. I did pull one of our trailers out this morning that was behind a snow bank. The snow is only about 6" there but that will be gone in a day or two. Spring has finally arrived in Michigan, or at least in this area. Yooper Dave no doubt still has plenty.

Warm weather moving in with the temps getting in the 50's today and the 60's for the weekend. Taking a run back in later today and bring a small load (quaking aspen) out so I can see if I'll be able to take the chains off the front tires or maybe both for the weekend.

Zap

Status
Not open for further replies.