TORO Dingo TX 420 or 425

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JustWood

Minister of Fire
Aug 14, 2007
Arrow Bridge,NY
http://www.toro.com/professional/sws/loader/track/index.html

Anyone own or operate one of these for any length of time.
New business venture requires getting in through narrow doors and alleyways to remove fixtures and carry long distances.
The weight and small footprint it will take up on my truck is appealing.
I don't need to lift more than 1000 lbs and most of the time it will be under 500.
Anything to look for when buying used?
Pros and cons of features?
Small skid steer is out of the question due to weight.

I have look at them and thats about it. Would love to have one.

I rented one to tear out a sidewalk on the back side of a house about a year ago. I didn't want to rip up the lawn, I also had a couple of post footings to drill in. It worked really well as long as you stay within its lift height and weight limitations. Bobcat, Ditchwitch, are 2 more manufacturers. I really looked at them but I need to drill 5' deep and they couldn't do it in one shot.(lift height to low)
Doug

I watched a guy use Bobcats version, very handy! Beats the sh!t out of a wheelbarrow!!!Looks like one of those tools that the longer you have it, the more things that it's perfect for. You'll wonder how you ever got by with out it! Check out the attachment mounting set up, if they have standarized (among the dif manufacturers) it on all the mini's, like the skid steers finally did (a while ago) it would make adding new attachments for it much easier and prolly cheaper if you hit some auctons, sales etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.