Total Creosote Blockage After 1-2 Fires

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
eventually yes

Have you seen these liners burned through in the absence of a chimney fire in the field while doing cleanings, inspections, etc?

eventually yes

Have you seen these liners burn through at these hot spots in the absence of a chimney fire in the field while doing cleanings, inspections, etc?

Have you seen these liners burn through at these hot spots in the absence of a chimney fire in the field while doing cleanings, inspections, etc?
Well i have seen ones burnt through with no evidence of a chimney fire. I cant say if there was one or not just that i didn't see evidence of one. And the customer did not know of one. But i see evidence of chimney fires lots of times when the customer had no idea

Well i have seen ones burnt through with no evidence of a chimney fire. I cant say if there was one or not just that i didn't see evidence of one. And the customer did not know of one. But i see evidence of chimney fires lots of times when the customer had no idea

Would you guess there a chimney fire would leave some sort of evidence?

Would you guess there a chimney fire would leave some sort of evidence?
Yes it would leave evidence when it happened but that may have been a year or more before i was there so i have no way of knowing. All i can say is that i saw no evidence of a chimney fire. There is no way for me to know for sure whether they did or not. Why are you asking?

Yes it would leave evidence when it happened but that may have been a year or more before i was there so i have no way of knowing. All i can say is that i saw no evidence of a chimney fire. There is no way for me to know for sure whether they did or not. Why are you asking?

I'm probably just being a worry wort and that probably explains all my questions. I have no reason to think my liner is in bad shape-can't see any problems with 2 ply liner seperating or anything. I love being on this site, but find I can freak myself out...for no good reason.. Thanks again

Last edited:
I'm probably just being a worry wort and that probably explains all my questions. I have no reason to think my liner is in bad shape-can't see any problems with 2 ply liner seperating or anything. I love being on this site, but find I can freak myself out...for no good reason.. Thanks again
Yeah just keep an eye on it and if you are worried have it scanned with a camera every few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.