TOTALLY OT, BUT- Can you all read my cover letter for Harman pleeeeeeeeease?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Corie

Minister of Fire
Nov 18, 2005
Camp Hill, PA
September 15, 2006

Mr. Dane Harman
Harman Stove Company
352 Mountain House Road
Halifax, Pennsylvania 17032

Dear Mr. Harman,
Charlie Page advised me that due to the expansion of your company you would be in need of one or more mechanical engineers. Working in the hearth industry, and more specifically, working for Harman Stove Company has been the ultimate goal of my engineering education. I have desired to design and study wood, pellet, coal and gas stoves for many years prior to my decision to study mechanical engineering at Villanova University.
My drive to work in the hearth industry drove me to begin designing and fabricating my own wood and coal stove. My design incorporates all the industry standards found in any EPA Phase II approved stove including a secondary combustion system, glass air wash system, a large ash pan and an aesthetically pleasing design. The ability of this stove to efficiently and cleanly burn both wood and coal makes it a convenient source of heat for the entire season, much like the Harman CW-30, which I have researched extensively. The fabrication and machine work on my stove is currently being completed almost entirely by me and a preliminary installation and testing of the unit will occur shortly.
Similarly, my knowledge of the solid fuel heaters and their installation, coupled with my interest in giving aid to those in financial need prompted me to begin the program I mention in my resume, called “Economic Help from the Hearth.” This program, which I began implementing this fall, coupled with donations of stoves, installation materials and funds is allowing me to provide financial assistance to families and individuals that cannot afford to heat their homes through any other means. Installations have begun this fall, and due to the surprising number of families in economic need, will continue indefinitely.
I hope that through this letter, I have conveyed how serious my desire to work for Harman Stove Company truly is. I look forward to hearing from you.
Sincerely,

Corie Podschelne

Whata ya wana no?

Yes it is a fine cover letter.

looks great to me corie. if i were (insert title here) of harmon it would be a done deal.:)
good luck
bruce

Well, I'm just making sure. I've submitted these before, but never on the level of important that this is; i.e. this is what I've been dreaming to do my entire friggin life!!!!

Corie,

My best of luck to you! You have drafted a very concise letter, with a clear intent. However, (please dont take this wrong) where you have written "In my drive to work in the..." Exchange drive with strive.

I hope you get your dream job. Good luck!!

Respectfully,

Mike

Ever consider living in the green State of VT Let me know I do have quite a connection there

Corie:

The cover letter you wrote is excellent!!!

I'm not the best word-smith - but I'll try to send you a few minor changes. If you don't get them, or don't think they should go in there - that's fine... it looks great as it is

Best of luck to you

I think it looks good. The only thing I would change is where you wrote "My DRIVE to work in the hearth industry DROVE me...." The phrase is slightly redundant.

I would personally change it to read "My desire to work in the hearth industry drove me....." or "My drive to work in the hearth industry inspired me...." or "My desire to work in the hearth industry inspired me...."

Best of luck to your quest!

elkimmeg said:
Ever consider living in the green State of VT Let me know I do have quite a connection there

ELK, he wants a steady job!
:lol:

They cleaned house a number of times! And, they actually sub contract out a lot of R&D now - many (or most) companies do - I know of 4 people who probably designed 1/2 the stoves being sold!

Harman would be great because they are expanding AND they will also need help with tooling, machines, foundry and all the other stuff in addition to stoves.

Corie, you might want to try Jotul also. I have some connections there - also, I know of some others that might be able to point you in a direction.....two small firms that do most of the designs for the big companies.

PM if you have interest in trying any of these leads.

Corie said:
you know charlie?

hrmmmmm, the real question here is, who DON'T you know? haha

Do I know Charlie? Heck, I ski with him whenever I can get up to VT.

He helped me get Hearth.com going back in 1995-1996..... Yes, I know Charlie and Ken Rajesky - his second in command, and Charlies wife who runs the place....

Charlie is the worlds ultimate hard worker and sales/marketing guy. He has worked everywhere from Surdiac Stoves, to Vermont Castings and now for Harman, Excel and other fine stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.