Touch The Stove!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have one of those freebreeze fans. Mine needs a shim. So I go to change the position of it. I had one glove on. Picked up the fan with my left hand, the shim with my right. Repositioned the fan, transfered the shim to my left hand and burned my thumb and middle finger real bad. Second degree burns. Luckily the shim landed on the stone coffee table and not the sofa or something.
Be careful when you touch the stove!

Ouch! I feel for ya. I had a senior moment one night moving a thermometer from one stove to another. Picked it up off of a 500 degree stove with the gloved hand and promptly tossed it in the palm of the un-gloved hand.

It's just not fire season until you get burned!

BrotherBart said:
Ouch! I feel for ya. I had a senior moment one night moving a thermometer from one stove to another. Picked it up off of a 500 degree stove with the gloved hand and promptly tossed it in the palm of the un-gloved hand.
I bet your gonna buy a second thermo now. Or maybe not! The extra 15 Bucks will probably hurt ya more ya cheap skin flint.. %-P

I have quickly learned that putting both gloves on is worth it (as I sit here with a burn on my pinky knuckle)

.......See, you guys should have read your owner's manuals! It tells you in there, that the stove is hot while in use.....:lol:

Jimbob said:
.......See, you guys should have read your owner's manuals! It tells you in there, that the stove is hot while in use.....:lol:

I think mine had a warning lable on it when I bought it but it burned off since ;-)

BrotherBart said:

Just picturing that I need a keyboard

north of 60 said:
BrotherBart said:
I bet your gonna buy a second thermo now. Or maybe not! The extra 15 Bucks will probably hurt ya more ya cheap skin flint.. %-P

I go through those things like popcorn around here. If more people knew how inaccurate half of them are it would scare the crap out of them.

Maybe I just buy a Blaze King. I hear it calls 911 if it gets too hot or your cell phone if it is running low on wood a couple of weeks after loading.

The stove manufacturers need to add designs were we get burnt. That way you could tell the real wood burners as we would be branded.
Don

Status
Not open for further replies.