Touch up paint for enamel

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 17, 2009
Mid-Michigan
What options do I have in touching up the black enamel paint on a stove? The stove has never been fired but has been in storage and may have gotten some rust on it. Will any touch up paint eventually blend in after the stove forms the crackle look. Do they offer enamel touch up paint? How sucessful would this be? The areas are not large. Thanks

At some hardware store they offer porcelain touch up paint if that's what you meant, otherwise you can go to your local hobby store and buy a small bottle of enamel such as Testors.

Yes I meant just the small bottles, just wondered if it is a short term fix or does it last.

I have a PE Alderlea, and chipped some of the brown enamel off. It is my understanding that Pacific Energy has small bottles of touch up, but you can probably only get it though the dealer, and I don't know how much. I got lucky with automobile touch up paint from AutoZone, with a perfect match: so far no change in color or flaking, but probably where it was damaged was not a spot that gets really red hot. The paint has been on since September.

Status
Not open for further replies.