Town in Mass banned out door wood furnaces

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lecomte38

Feeling the Heat
Jun 6, 2008
Central Mass
I saw on the tube last night that a town in Mass ( didn't catch the name ) banned installation of new ODW and require existing units to " burn only clean, dry wood". I've seen some spewing a lot of smoke around here.

heard that allot of towns are doing that.

The village next to me has banned them also. They are still allowed in the surrounding town.

Last year Battle Creek, MI banned OWB's. I live in the country and am not bothered by the ban but I couldn't help but notice the users neighbor(s) getting smoked. It made me wonder if that would be a problem. I bought an EKO40 because of efficiency and the lack of smoke. They should all work that good. Cave2k

Status
Not open for further replies.