Toyota Abuse - 1200 #'s of Somersets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pelletdude

Feeling the Heat
I think I call this abuse of a Toyota Matrix. When this guy finished loading he had 1200 #'s of Somersets in his car.

Attachments

• toyota abuse 1.jpg
    toyota abuse 1.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 389
The guy may need this.

Attachments

• toyota ramp.jpg
    toyota ramp.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 362
I have hauled home a Ton of pellets in a Chevy 2500 Suburban but 1200# in that yota is a tad over the top me thinks.

Hopefully he did not have to go far once he was loaded.

Snowy

i own a matrix like that and couldn't imagine putting that much weight in it...lol thats a good one

i like the runaway toyota ramp.. thats a good one :)

I've seen people do that with a ton of concrete in a minivan with the middle seats removed. I don't want to be the next owner of those cars.

Matt

I can't say too much, in the past I've put 1000lbs in a Jeep Cherokee and pulled another 1000 on a trailer at the same time. My Dakota got a break this year and I had my 4 tons delivered.

Those are the guys that nothing bad will ever happen to. I see the same guys hauling plywood on the roof of their cars holding it on by one piece of string and their hands out the window.

If I tried that I would break an axle or a shock and would be broken down 50 miles from home.

Status
Not open for further replies.