tractor advice

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fabguy01

Sep 1, 2008
Ravenna Michigan
looking at an late 70's massey-fergson 175 w/4cyl diesel non turbo looking to see if anyone knws anything about these tractors?

If you don't get a good answer here, there are also lots of tractor related sites. One that I've been on a few times and found seems to have good folks on it is MyTractorForum.com

Gooserider

flewism said:
Also try www.yesterdaystractors.com and www.tractorbynet.com MF builds a good product. Is this your first tractor?
what do you intend to use it for?
does it have a loader?
yesterday tractors and tractor data will also give you an average selling price based on condition, but tractors in MI seem to command a higher price.

http://www.tractordata.com/farm-tractors/000/7/4/748-massey-ferguson-175.html
yes it will be my first tractor. It does not have a loader now but my father in law has one off a old case that i can have and I can make some sew brackets to mount it on a diferent tractor, It doesent have the bucket but i was thinking of using a skid steer type quick change setup on it.then i would have a wide variety of attachments. Main duties will include tilling our 3 acre garden, snow removal, wood gettin chores, and sooner than later cattle feeding

fabguy01 said:
flewism said:
Also try www.yesterdaystractors.com and www.tractorbynet.com MF builds a good product. Is this your first tractor?
what do you intend to use it for?
does it have a loader?
yesterday tractors and tractor data will also give you an average selling price based on condition, but tractors in MI seem to command a higher price.

http://www.tractordata.com/farm-tractors/000/7/4/748-massey-ferguson-175.html
yes it will be my first tractor. It does not have a loader now but my father in law has one off a old case that i can have and I can make some sew brackets to mount it on a diferent tractor, It doesent have the bucket but i was thinking of using a skid steer type quick change setup on it.then i would have a wide variety of attachments. Main duties will include tilling our 3 acre garden, snow removal, wood gettin chores, and sooner than later cattle feeding

For all that a late 70s era tractor should be at or near free.

I have a MF 180 diesel, early '70's. Good ++ condition. Like it a lot. Overall these are nice tractors. I paid $6,500 for it. New rubber, fresh motor,clutch, etc. Nice unit use it with a 7ft bush hog. 1 winter had an 8ft blower behind it. Low fuel consumption. Like to sell it.

I've also got a MF1135 with a 9ft blower. You need to move snow in a hurry, this is nice. I'd even sell that also.

Hell make me an offer on both, I'm itchin' to buy a newer 4 wheel drive.

flyingcow said:
I have a MF 180 diesel, early '70's. Good ++ condition. Like it a lot. Overall these are nice tractors. I paid $6,500 for it. New rubber, fresh motor,clutch, etc. Nice unit use it with a 7ft bush hog. 1 winter had an 8ft blower behind it. Low fuel consumption. Like to sell it.

I've also got a MF1135 with a 9ft blower. You need to move snow in a hurry, this is nice. I'd even sell that also.

Hell make me an offer on both, I'm itchin' to buy a newer 4 wheel drive.
This one runs, and works fine,decent rubber,looks like a pos but everything works fine guy said make me an offer, i was thinking $1200 and its 3 miles away , and maine is a bit to far unless the price was right ;-)

Well..if you come on over I'll drop a few hundred. :p I'm trying to think of what the weak points are with the one I got. Can't think of nothing obvious. If you get that for $1200 you shouldn't get hurt. I've bought a few parts from www.mainetractors.com He's got a lot of old stuff, never met him, done everything thru the net.

I've been around this tractor for a while. I'm quite sure this is the same one my father had when he was potato farming(single row barrel harvester) in the early 70's , just got a hold of it a few years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.