Tractor Pics

MasterMech Posted By MasterMech, Feb 24, 2012 at 7:23 PM

1. MasterMech

MasterMech
    Guest 2.
    NULL

Machine is still young and I know you're very familiar with the care and feeding of F-series front-mounts!

2. billb3

billb3
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 14, 2007
    Loc:
    SE Mass
    That one wouldn't fit in (or on) the bucket, so I'll never know if it was too heavy to pick up. :)
    Rolling rocks is ...... an interesting project.
    So is sliding the ones that won't roll.

3. Gasifier

Gasifier
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Apr 25, 2011
    Loc:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, N.Y.
    DSCF1924 (960x720).jpg DSCF1925 (960x720).jpg Here is mine pulling a stump. I just bought it used a few months ago. Kubota L3710 with 1200 hours on it. Factory Kubota loader and bucket, with a Woods sub frame mounted backhoe. Used it to plow snow three times. And now am going to work on some projects I have been wanting to do for a while. I am having some fun.

4. MasterMech

MasterMech
    Guest 2.
    NULL

Enjoy it Gasifier! Love the Woods hoe. Nice to see curved booms becoming the norm.

5. Jags

Jags
    Moderate Moderator 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Aug 2, 2006
    Loc:
    Northern IL
    Curved booms?? What is that?

6. JrCRXHF

JrCRXHF
    Burning Hunk 2.
    NULL

Apr 28, 2008
    Loc:
    Mid, Michigan
  7. Gasifier

Gasifier
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Apr 25, 2011
    Loc:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, N.Y.
    Nice machine ya got there JrCRXHF. What is that you are moving in the first picture? Hydraulics are awesome.

8. Snotrocket

Snotrocket
    Burning Hunk 2.
    NULL

Sep 17, 2011
    Loc:
    Maine
    Not as big as most of these but it pulls like an ox. I use the plow to push brush and big rounds around in the summer. It has a mowing deck and 4 foot snow blower as well.

1978 Case 446. I own a website devoted to the brand at http://www.casecoltingersoll.com if anyone wants more info.

[​IMG]

9. simple.serf

simple.serf
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Dec 7, 2011
    Loc:
    Sherman, NY
    A relative of mine uses an old Case rider on his 10 acre small farm. It does everything he needs it to. If it wasn't for the snow and the hay, I would just get an old Gibson (I've had several in the past...they were sold through Agway around here).

Just got the quote for the engine kit for the FE-35...$800 not including the upper end. $300 for the valves and springs. $50 per injector for service. Not bad for a 54 year old diesel.

10. nate379

nate379
    Guest 2.
    NULL

The one Van Buren has is a John Deere on tracks.

11. smoke show

smoke show
    Guest 2.
    NULL

My Dad has a 444 from around the same era. Maybe early 80's. tough machines.

12. MasterMech

MasterMech
    Guest 2.
    NULL

[​IMG]

The boom of the backhoe is curved for better visibility from the seat, especially when working closer to the tractor. The first small backhoe attachments I saw using this design were the Deere 447/448. Huge improvement from the old 47/48 hoes and curved booms was one of the new features.

13. firefighterjake

firefighterjake
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jul 22, 2008
    Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    This past weekend I saw the largest groomer in The County . . .

groomer1.jpg

Also, found this groomer on a BBS I hang out on . . . from sometime in the past . . . not good.

oops.jpg