1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Tractor Pics

Post in 'The Gear' started by MasterMech, Feb 24, 2012.

1. MasterMech

MasterMech Guest

Machine is still young and I know you're very familiar with the care and feeding of F-series front-mounts!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. billb3

billb3 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    SE Mass
    That one wouldn't fit in (or on) the bucket, so I'll never know if it was too heavy to pick up. :)
    Rolling rocks is ...... an interesting project.
    So is sliding the ones that won't roll.
  3. Gasifier

Gasifier Minister of Fire

Loc:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, N.Y.
    DSCF1924 (960x720).jpg DSCF1925 (960x720).jpg Here is mine pulling a stump. I just bought it used a few months ago. Kubota L3710 with 1200 hours on it. Factory Kubota loader and bucket, with a Woods sub frame mounted backhoe. Used it to plow snow three times. And now am going to work on some projects I have been wanting to do for a while. I am having some fun.
  4. MasterMech

MasterMech Guest

Enjoy it Gasifier! Love the Woods hoe. Nice to see curved booms becoming the norm.
  5. Jags

Jags Moderate Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern IL
    Curved booms?? What is that?
  6. JrCRXHF

JrCRXHF Burning Hunk

Loc:
    Mid, Michigan
    Wife's Kubota.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Gasifier likes this.
  7. Gasifier

Gasifier Minister of Fire

Loc:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, N.Y.
    Nice machine ya got there JrCRXHF. What is that you are moving in the first picture? Hydraulics are awesome.
  8. Snotrocket

Snotrocket Burning Hunk

Loc:
    Maine
    Not as big as most of these but it pulls like an ox. I use the plow to push brush and big rounds around in the summer. It has a mowing deck and 4 foot snow blower as well.

1978 Case 446. I own a website devoted to the brand at http://www.casecoltingersoll.com if anyone wants more info.

[​IMG]
  9. simple.serf

simple.serf Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Sherman, NY
    A relative of mine uses an old Case rider on his 10 acre small farm. It does everything he needs it to. If it wasn't for the snow and the hay, I would just get an old Gibson (I've had several in the past...they were sold through Agway around here).

Just got the quote for the engine kit for the FE-35...$800 not including the upper end. $300 for the valves and springs. $50 per injector for service. Not bad for a 54 year old diesel.
  10. nate379

nate379 Guest

The one Van Buren has is a John Deere on tracks.

11. smoke show

smoke show Guest

My Dad has a 444 from around the same era. Maybe early 80's. tough machines.
  12. MasterMech

MasterMech Guest

[​IMG]

The boom of the backhoe is curved for better visibility from the seat, especially when working closer to the tractor. The first small backhoe attachments I saw using this design were the Deere 447/448. Huge improvement from the old 47/48 hoes and curved booms was one of the new features.
  13. firefighterjake

firefighterjake Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    This past weekend I saw the largest groomer in The County . . .

groomer1.jpg

Also, found this groomer on a BBS I hang out on . . . from sometime in the past . . . not good.

oops.jpg