tractor supply co. coming to millinocket!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

St_Earl

Minister of Fire
Sep 9, 2011
millinocket, maine
excellent!
my g/f was just reading the local paper and tells me that there is a tsc coming to the old ames store site by iga in millinocket.
i guess there have been some delays. but it is said to be happening in 2012.
i just hope they are going to sell pellets.
i still plan on buying everything i can at the local hardware store.

damn. even as i write this i'm thinking of the flip side.
as far as i can see, the local hardware store is kind of the pulse of this town.
hopefully tsc doesn't take too much of their business away. : /

My brother said they built one in Presque Isle or Houlton (I forget now but he lives in Houlton). He has been a couple times and the store looks like it's closed even though it's not (couple cars in the parking lot, store is empty)

He said it didn't make much sense. They don't really carry much that a farmer would need. Yeah they have animal feed, but usually a farmer would need several thousand lbs. not a couple 50lb bags.

I don't see them having that cheap of a price on pellets considering you can buy direct from the plant if you want to get a few tons.

I think people will still go to the mom and pop store.

the thing that would be good for me would be if they have pellets (like most tscs) for a decent per bag price.
i don't have a truck. and this store will be right here in town. we pass by there anytime we go grocery shopping.
it would make it possible for me to grab what my subaru can hold and not cost me the gas and wear and tear of driving to the next town with a full load.
there is a place further in the south that is delivering 4 tons to me. mwp at $219 per ton.
that's the best deal delivered i can get. and i'm actually very happy they come all the way up here for their usual price.
but it would be nice to just slowly be stashing away a different brand over the summer from right here in town.

but other than that, i will keep shopping for everything i can at the local hardware store.
we plan on buying our vinyl siding from them in the spring.

There is a TSC close by to me - 15 miles. I originally picked up a couple of bags of MWP from them to try. I can't remember the exact price but they were something like 4.50 a bag. They were selling a ton for $197. I ended up getting MWP delivered for $219 /ton. Most likely from the same place you got yours - SIB. I only live about 15 miles from SIB warehouse. The day they delivered mine they were heading to Bangor - 120 miles and were delivering for the same price even at that distance. Don't think you can go wrong getting your pellets from them.

yep. sib. and i totally agree. they'll be delivering the bulk of my supply for as long as they still come up here.
i'm just hoping i can pick up some few bags of different brands to sample right here in town.

btw- i did speak to sib day before yesterday about mwp softies.
she said they're making another batch late november.
i'm just going to get my supply during the off season this time around.

i read on here that someone thought sib was charging $235 dilivered for the softies.
i hope that's true.

TSC is the outfit that takes the covers off a ton and leaves it out in the rain company, Bangor did.

We have one in Augusta. It has been there for a couple years now. Agway and Knights Farm Supply are still in business. There is a chicken swap in their parking lot for a few weekends. Lots of farmers shop there. Many farming supplies, fencing etc. Farm clothing. Chicks, ducks, bunnies in the spring. And they sell wood and pellet stoves. Their pellets brands change like the box stores do. If you have a dog or cat, they sell a brand of pet food called 4 Health which has no corn, wheat, or soy and no by-products. Best price for a product like that around here. Check them out on line.

I was driving around about 3 weeks ago..I ended up in Houlton Maine at the new TSC..they had 93 tons out back..they were all spoken for..HUH..what the hell...why don't the people come pick them up...I had cash in my hand and a empty pickup..I was pissed so I went to Walmart and they had the same price across the street....As I mentioned above this was a new TSC..not a good way to welcome new customers...it seemed odd to me...also none of the pellets had sold on them.???...

Another good one..went to a discount Mardens store the other day..they had one ton of Cheat River pellets...asked how much for a bag..they told me that the pellets were for the staff only??...

Status
Not open for further replies.