Tractor Supply Coupon Wanted

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

aussieblake

Mar 4, 2008
Tornado Alley
First let me apologize if this is the wrong location for this post.

Apparently, TSC has mailed 10% off (up to $100) coupons out to some of their customers. It appears mostly the Ohio area, does anyone have a coupon they are not going to use? I am going to buy a log splitter and $100 off would be great. I can pay for postage and handling. Please PM me if you would like to discuss.

Thanks for your help,

aussieblake (a.k.a Clint)

Thanks for the info. I actually do have a Lowes 10% coupon (expires 3-31-09), Could work possible trade?

aussieblake

LOL. Funny you bring that up. Just bought a 22ton splitter from TSC on Sunday. Monday the 10% coupon came in the mail. Went back to them and they honored the coupon. I got like $105 and some change back. I will look around and see if I can come up with one. If so I could mail it to you.

Firefighter29, if you can find another coupon that would be awesome! Please PM me if you run across one.

How do you like the 22 ton? My TSC only has the 27 ton and the larger 30ish ton. Not sure if the price difference for the 27 ton compared to the 22 ton is worth it. Obviously it would be a little slower in cycle time.

aussieblake

PM me your email address and I will email you the coupon...I got mine via email.

Looks like burntime got you covered. If it does not work out let me know. As for the splitter for $900 (with coupon ) I dont think it can be beat. However, The plate at the base of the splitter that the log is pushed up against is way to small making the vertical splitting position almost useless in my opinion for the larger logs that will be split this way. After I use this some more I will give a detailed report.

I received the email from Burntime this morning, it appears the discount is for on-line purchases only, and log splitters are not able to be purchased on-line. Still looking for a coupon.

Is the base plate on the 27 ton heavier than the 22ton? MY local TSC only has the 27 ton and the larger unit, so I have not yet seen the 22 ton unit.

aussieblake

ok I will look for a coupon. Not sure about the 27 ton. They were sold out of them when I was there. I would guess they are the same but dont know for sure. The 35ton is much larger and looks like it would work well. I used my 22ton all morning today in the horizontal position. It worked great. Nothing stopped it. A few pieces almost did but I picked out the worst of what I had to give it a run. So with that said, if the construction of the 27ton and the 22ton are very close, save yourself the $400 or so and get the 22ton...its really all you will need...just my opinion.

I said the same thing firefighter29. Plus the exhaust is not blowing on the user! How often do you even hit the 2nd stage of the pump anyway? Maybe elm or a reallllllly big stump but not often. I am thinking of welding a log holder on the opposite side of the user. I would bolt it on and that way it would not interfere with the verticle use too. Doublke check, the hydro fluid capacity was upped to 33 quarts from 17. I got the larger and happy I did to keep the heat out of the pump. I use mine year round with synthetic and in 10 degrees and snowing the snow melts when it hits the axle tank and cylinder. Mine is a speed co, same as the huskee. Having the right tool for the job makes like better!!!

Well thank you all for the advice and help trying to find a coupon. I will be receiving on the old fashion way "EBAY", the auction just ended and for $4 I will save atleast $100. Pretty fair trade off. Aslo based on the advice from burntime, I called some of the local TSC's and one lady told me to come in while she was there and she would give me the discount. I am going to try this tomorrow, which is the next time she works, so there is a chance that I may not need the coupon myself. She may give me the actual 10% off instead of the maximum $100 discount. I supposedly they have the 22 ton instock, if not they have the 27 ton and that might do.

aussieblake

OK aussieblake. Let me know if it does not work out again. I got some family and neighbors checking there old mail for one. ( buy the 22ton then take the $400 and go get yourself a new saw...LOL ;-) Just dont tell your wife I gave you the idea ) Whatever decision you make good luck with it.

Got my hands on a TSC 10% off coupon. Its good through July 16th. aussieblake does not need it anymore. If anybody else needs it, PM me your address or something and I will mail it out to you...Jim

Hey I am interested in that coupon if you still have it Firefighter29

Sorry its gone. Somebody already jumped on it and PM ed me there address. If any more turn up I will let you know.

Ok, sounds good, thank you......Does anybody else have a extra TSC coupon laying around?

I appreciated hearing about the 10 percent offers at Lowe's and Home Depot. I got the Lowe's one already, will get around to the other one. Thanks! We have a TSC around here. It's a bit of a drive, but worth it. I don't need anything 'big' from them right now. A really neat store, though! The 'big box' hardware places I am in at least every week.

Just want to thank everyone for their information. i orginally planned on buying the Troy built 27 ton from Lowes. From reading everyones posts, today i decided to go with the Husky 22 ton from TSC. Its actually still loaded in the truck and cant wait to unload it tommorrow and split some rounds. I actually used a color photocopy to the 10% off from TSC from the internet from the web site slickdeals.com. Ill keep you all posted to my new splitter.

Antghunter said:
Just want to thank everyone for their information. i orginally planned on buying the Troy built 27 ton from Lowes. From reading everyones posts, today i decided to go with the Husky 22 ton from TSC. Its actually still loaded in the truck and cant wait to unload it tommorrow and split some rounds. I actually used a color photocopy to the 10% off from TSC from the internet from the web site slickdeals.com. Ill keep you all posted to my new splitter.

Congrads man, You will like it. But just remember, we want to see some pics! good luck!

This evening I purchased the 22 ton Huskee splitter, the store I went to had all three models so I had my pick. After looking at them I decided on the 22 ton was the best deal for me. The 27 ton, to me, was not worth the additional $350, and the 35 ton was more than I needed and would use more gas.

I will say there are some slight differences in the frames of of the 22 ton and the 27 ton. The rails are different (more boxey on the 22 ton), the foot plate is a little smaller on the 22 ton, and the hydro reservior is not as large. But based on all the reviews on the net and the amount of use I will put it through it was the best fit for me. Had the price difference been $150-$200 dollars I may have considered the 27 ton.

The I beam (or H beam) on the 22 ton does not have holes to mount a side shelf like the other two models. Has any put a side shelf on one of these? I don't mind fabricating one, just trying to see what others have done.

aussieblake

Funny you should ask! There was a guy on ebay selling a cool setup for like 60 bucks delivered to the door. I had forgotten about it until I read your post. I would not take the time and buy the metal to do it for that. I will see if I can find it. I hope you like the new toy!

Also dont forget you can get the Speeco side tray from TSC for around $30. I looked at the one on ebay burntime is talking about too. It looks cool as well. I think the one on ebay maybe built a little better...

I was using the splitter this morning, I came in to cool off. I did check and sure enough the capacity is 31 quarts. At least I was not loosing my mind! Firefighter29, which tray would you buy? For half the price I may just stop by tsc.

burntime said:
I ws using the splitter this morning, I came in to cool off. I did check and sure enough the capacity is 31 quarts. At least I was not loosing my mind! Firefighter29, which tray would you buy? For half the price I may just stop by tsc.

Funny you say that..lol..I am in cooling off as well. Damn its hot out there. That heat just takes it out of me. I think for the money I would buy the Speeco from TSC. At least if it breaks I am sure they would take care of it. One of those sure would come in handy. My back is telling me enough bending over to pick up the other half of the split. Just my thoughts...

Yep, my up down is wearing out! I need to get set up before I start the oak stumps. I use it in horizontal mode unless I can't lift them!

Status
Not open for further replies.