Tractor Supply Pre-Buy starting Tuesday July 5th

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Iceman, glad to hear the rumblings of a price war in your area. I confirmed today Lowes in my area will price match their Greene Team pellets for TSC pellets. Although I do want to try out the Maine Wood Pellets blend to see if it's as good as many people are saying they were last season.

I stopped by my local TSC a little while ago. The store worker didn't know what brand they would be getting. He emailed some manager to find out. I told him I would order 2 tons if the price and brand was right. That should hold me over for the winter.

Just received my coupon in the mail yesterday, and called both of the TSC's that are closest to me (Chester, NY & Highland, NY).....both quoted a pre-coupon price of $239/ton, and both said they were Lignetics hardwood. The Highland store said they also had another brand too, but he couldn't remember the name.

Well, I guess my plans for buying Energex Americans at $225 have changed.......I'll be getting 2 tons of the Lignetics and will save $11/ton :)

I do want to call them back and inquire about the "other" brand.......I'd hate to miss out on an even better brand just for a lack of calling, but that store is quite a bit farther away.

EDIT: Upon further investigating, the Highland store only has Instant (No)Heat, and Premier hardwood (which I think Jay told me were the same as Energex American), and the Chester store only has the Premier hardwood.

Interesting what a day makes with the info you get from different store workers. :mad:

I drove by the TSC near my house, and much to my dismay, they are selling Infernos. I will pass on those. The place is like a mile from my house, just once I wish they would sell a decent pellet!

I was just at the TSC at Clifton Park NY. They have Hardwood Heat for 209 a ton. Looks like they had a bunch in stock.

I burned a few bags last year and they were ok. I got some real long ones, over 2 inches. The heat was good though.

Chris

Just called again to try and find out what they have ... Apparently they are gonna get there own brand later this year ... So now we gotta find out who will be supplying.. tsc

iceman said:
Just called again to try and find out what they have ... Apparently they are gonna get there own brand later this year ... So now we gotta find out who will be supplying.. tsc

8am tommorow i'll be driving by going to The Country Diner to drop my son off for work, I'll try to see what they have, ALL there pellet's are stored OUTSIDE.

j-takeman said:
imacman said:
NateM said:
The TSC in Winsted CT had Green Supreme by NEWP. Are these any good?
Rumor on the forum has it that the Green Supreme are actually re-bagged Dragon Mtn.....if that's true, they are VERY good pellets.

Maybe shoot a PM to our resident pellet guru Jay Takeman (j-takeman) and ask him....he will probably know.

BTW, was was the asking price on them at TSC?

These new Green Supreme's are not the old softwoods variety of the past! They have nothing to do with the BC softwoods. They are now rebagged NEWP's of today. Hardwood blend to be exact. Same pellet as the NEWP's and Warm Fronts of today! This is NEWP's way of getting there product in the bigbox store and not tick the NEWP dealers off.

FYI from a pellet insider, Mr. warm wanted me to post this info just to straighten this out. And to stress that they definitely are not BC softwoods.

Thanks to Jay & Mr. Warm ;-) .
Been hearing rumblings lately on the street that my favorite NEWP GS are available again but I didn't believe it.
Glad to get the real scoop on em.

Went to enfield ct and saw instant heat and what looked like green supreme ? Not sure but the tag said Gs pellets on the black shrink wrap
Price is 214.50 before 25 off

At that price its really pushing me to buy a ton for the shoulder season
All I have now for shoulder is Greene team and Somerset with a few mwp...

newf lover said:
I drove by the TSC near my house, and much to my dismay, they are selling Infernos. I will pass on those. The place is like a mile from my house, just once I wish they would sell a decent pellet!

Is this @ TSC in Putnam??
I stopped by there last Sat to inquire and found only Inferno's.....basically walked back out!

Nope, it's the TSC in North Windham. On top of being a subpar pellet, they store all of them outside.

As I mentioned in another thread, the TSC nearest me had a combo of Lignetics hardwood, Premier hardwood, and Instant Heat(less). I opted for a ton of the Lignetics for $214.50.

*disclaimer* I sell pellets!

so, TSC has the area to store, inside, thousands of tons, for 3 months?

TSC is a very reputable company, but once again, please beware buying product that isnt on the ground....every year folks do this, and every year, folks get $crewed.....logistical issues, pellet plant issues, etc can cause shortages with anyone. A cheap price today, good intentions all around, could turn into a very expensive price later on in the year if obligations arent met on the part of the supplier.

Lousyweather said:
*disclaimer* I sell pellets!

so, TSC has the area to store, inside, thousands of tons, for 3 months?

TSC is a very reputable company, but once again, please beware buying product that isnt on the ground....every year folks do this, and every year, folks get $crewed.....logistical issues, pellet plant issues, etc can cause shortages with anyone. A cheap price today, good intentions all around, could turn into a very expensive price later on in the year if obligations arent met on the part of the supplier.

I think what he is saying is that if you want pellets, than buy them now and TAKE THEM NOW. Or else don't be a cry baby later.

I went to my TSC in Lockport, NY and all they had were those crappy Instant Heats. Those were the worst pellet I ever owned. I was going to put a deposit on 5 ton but wanted to know what else they were going to carry and the manager said he wasn't sure of any other brand. I told him I bought 5 ton of AWF last year and after have it stacked in the basement I found that the pellets were not that great so I traded them in on Lignetics. I don't want to make the same mistake this year. I asked about Ligentics and he told me they were $80-100 more for them to buy so he didn't think they were going to bother with them. I asked about the Maine Wood pellets and he didn't know. I asked if I left a deposit and he gets other brands in to give me a call and I would come buy 5 ton, well he wasn't interested in that either. He stated he would be raising the price tomorrow after the sale was over because he called around the area to all pellet sellers and found they were already at $250 so he needed to raise the price. Needless to say I told him I would go somewhere else. I am not taking a crap shoot on 5 ton of junk to save $100. If anyone is in Western New York and you know of Ligentics or another good deal not those Michigan Pellets either please let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.