Trade a stihl ms290 for a stihl 038

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Naandme

Jan 16, 2011
Eaton, Indiana
Had a guy offer to trade me a 038 for my ms290 I like the 290 but not as much as my 028 so what do you guys think about trading the 290 for an 038 it has been kept up and has compression of 155# I have two 028's so I dont really need the 290. Think it would be a good trade whats your guys thoughts on it.

tough call. Not sure how you ended up with an 028 and a 290, though. Were you trying to replace the 028? Cause they are too similar (IMHO) to have them both.

With regards to the 290/038 swap: I'd rather have the 038 if they were sitting next to each other on a shelf at the dealer, but you already have the 290 and know it's condition and history. easier to get parts for the 290 (I imagine), too. Could be wrong on that.

Is he willing to sell the 038 outright? might be worth it.

bottom line: Meh, I dunno. no strong feelings on the subject.

Its a mag so its the 72cc and waiting to trade going to happen tommorow and I don't use the 290 I like my 028 alot better and can always use one more bigger saw LOL

They say a fool is born everyday...... we will need pictures when you get the bad boy!

Status
Not open for further replies.