1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wg_bent

wg_bent Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Hey Eric, you illuded to trade shows...Any clue on when/where? Any websites to look at?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. jfsharron

jfsharron Member

Loc:
    Oregon
    The big show for the industry (and, yes, it is BIG) is coming up in March. This year it will be in Salt Lake City.

The HPBA show, however, is not intended for the general public and would be cost prohibitive for a non-member to attend.
  3. Metal

Metal Minister of Fire

The HPBA Show costs $75 for non-members. You can learn more at http://www.hpbexpo.com . There will be over 400 exhibitors there. Well worth your time if you are in the area.
  4. Eric Johnson

Eric Johnson Mod Emeritus

Loc:
    Central NYS
    Warren,

I was talking about logging/sawmilling trade shows. There's a big one in Richmond, VA at the end of May, 2006 and another big one that the trade association I work for puts on in Burlington, VT, May 12-13, 2006. Last year we had a very successful show in Bangor, Maine. Look for me, I'll be one of the guys driving a forklift, trying to get everything set up before the show opens. You can pre-register for free after Jan. 1 at: nefpexpo.com
  5. DavidV

DavidV New Member

Loc:
    Richmond VA
    They demonstrate Saws at these shows?
  6. webbie

webbie Seasoned Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Western Mass.
    I once went to Woodmans Field Days in upstate NY. That was a cool loggers show!

They had all those axe and chainsaw contests...I even videotaped one and got a woman who slipped and hit her ankle with the axe - luckily the paramedics were standing by and they hauled her away immediately.

Some cool firewood processors at these shindigs!
  7. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Hmmm... 90 miles to Richmond. Think I know one place I am going this year.
  8. Eric Johnson

Eric Johnson Mod Emeritus

Loc:
    Central NYS
    Saws, portable sawmills, firewood processors, skidders, whole-tree processors, whole-tree chippers, house grinders, kunckleboom loaders, cart forwarders, logging supplies--you name it.

Boonville is a great show, but it's a little more "down-home" than the other two I mentioned. We try to cut out most of the carnival atmosphere and play up the professional, heavily-capitalized logging and sawmilling angle. Both are still good places to see all of the above and yes, to try out some new saws. See you in Richmond, BB. I'll have a booth (The Northern Logger). Stop by and say hi.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.