Traeger GBU070 Blower Cycling Frequency

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GranvilleDave

Dec 15, 2014
Granville, Ohio
Hi All,

I have an older GBU070 and the Blower motor is cycling very frequently. It seems that it turns on/off shortly after the pellet feed starts. The documentation that I have for the stove is somewhat limited.

I've been keeping track and it's kicking on about every 2 minutes and staying on for less than a minute. Over and over again.

Here is a link to an owners manual for a newer GBU070: http://www.pinnaclestove.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/gbu070mn.pdf

Mine is actually older and has the 'on-time' preset at 2 minutes. When it is 'on' (feeding pellets), it does run for the full 2 minutes. The blower does not run while it is feeding pellets but comes on within 15 seconds after the pellet feeding stops. I've tinkered with the few settings that are available to me and they do not seem to make a difference.

The instructions describe that the 'red light indicator' will blink from bright to dim every 15 seconds as part of a counting procedure. In my case, the red light comes on (I think) only when the thermostat is calling for heat.

I am concerned that I may need to replace the main circuit board but before I order one I thought that I would run it past the community here.

It is a Model 011350S or 0II 350S (depending on whether or not you go by what's printed on the control panel or how it's specified in the Manual.

Thank You!

I just noticed a thermostat switch inside the unit is moving very quickly from the highest setting on it to the lowest setting and that is what is causing the fan to kick on and off. The High setting was at about 130 degrees and the low as at 100 degrees. I've bumped up the high setting to 150 degrees. Is that too high? It has an upper limit of 200 degrees which will cause the system to stop feeding pellets and let it cool down.

This is my first post but I have been using a Traeger guu070 for 5 years now and have a second one heating my shop. I am wondering if you have your unit hooked up to a thermostat or not? The on time is just for idle time when the unit is not calling for heat to keep it from going out. When you thermostat is calling for heat the unit will continue to feed pellets and your stove will get much hotter and the blower will stay running once the stove gets good and hot. Usually 10 min after your thermostat has called for heat.

What burn pot do you have??

Status
Not open for further replies.