Traeger GBU070

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

mankind_404

Feb 1, 2024
South Dakota, USA
Howdy, I got hold of an older Traeger furnace but it just doesn't seem to be putting out hardly any heat. I've had it running in the basement for a couple days now and it hasn't heated it up at all. The heat exchange tubes get too hot to touch and it seems like it's burning the fuel just fine. I was using straight corn but today I've used a mixture of corn and wood pellets and it's the same result, cold basement. It says it can also be used as a shop furnace but the way it sucks cold air from the room and blows it over the heat exchange pipes it never puts out enough hot air to make a difference. I gave all the insides a good brushing and as far as I can tell it's pretty well cleaned out of any soot that might be obstructing things. Thanks in advance for any and all advice.

KIMG1798.JPG
KIMG1799.JPG
KIMG1800.JPG