Trailer cover

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie2

Mar 10, 2014
Georgia
Guys, Talk about slow, it's only took me 20 years to figure this out. Yep, that's how long this trailer has been sitting in the pasture, it might be used once a year, but it could be needed and has been needed a multitude of times. But it doesn't quite fall into having it's shelter.
So anyway, these pictures are self explanatory.
3' wide tin fits perfectly side to side but this tin is a foot short. I'll put it back in the pasture with a couple of concrete blocks on top. Hopefully someone can find a use for this ---before 20 years of weathering!

Attachments

• IMG_0001.JPG
    IMG_0001.JPG
    389.6 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_0002.JPG
    IMG_0002.JPG
    351.8 KB · Views: 234
Looks like it was custom made to fit, except for being short! Is it worth getting a cheap tarp to cover that end?

It also may be worth putting a few blocks of 2x4 under the tin to keep it up off the decking and allow a little airflow. Might help keep it a little dryer for the little moisture that still finds it's way under the cover.

I think your right, I'll provide some air flow, I also have some two foot scrap that I will use to cover the rest of the deck. I just wish I'd done this ten years ago, those carriage bolts holding down the deck boards will be very difficult to remove. Thanks!

Haha, I purchased a trailer several years ago that had the floor rotting away from sitting outside. I removed all the wood by just kicking it out it was so soft. But I had to take a cold chisel to those rusted carriage bolts!

Status
Not open for further replies.