Trailer Help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Check with the dump. My town dump does't allow dual axel trailers (think they are trying to keep out landscapers). Up in Taxaccusetts, there may be some of these restrictive tactics.

Your area has some strange rules :confused:

Was illegal for me too. Had 2 RVs trying to be cowboys and nearly ran me off the road. Reported it to the troopers and when I explained that I was doing about 40mph in a 55 (going down a grade) because I had lost trailer brakes they were not too pleased. Didn't get a citation, but they told me not to go anywhere till it was fixed.
They came close to ticketing my car though for illegal window tint. The disabled veteran plates saved me on that. :cool:

Just so happened that the trooper office was in Tok which was the closest place that had a mechanic and some parts (well kinda). Once you get outside of the "big cities" there isn't crap but miles and miles of woods and a rough road!

Agreed.

Not only is it not smart, it's illegal in many if not most states.

Status
Not open for further replies.