Trailer load of oak.. (progress pics!)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokinPiney

Feeling the Heat
Nov 25, 2008
In the Pines, NJ
A friend called me while i was on vacation and asked if i wanted the trees he would be clearin behind his pole barn. Of course i told him yes and said i'd be over to help once i got home. Well he beat me to it and had them all dropped and cut into log length when i got home. So over i went last night to load up the trailer. Got one full load then the trans in the truck started actin up so im off to the shop to work on that tonight. There's at least another half load plus 5 more oaks down in his woods i can have.

Think all this was worth a case of beer? haha. :)
Wood%20046.jpg

Wood%20047.jpg

Are you talking a 6-pack of beer, a 12-pack of beer or a 24-pack of beer? :)

Great score!

Shari

Shari said:

Great score!

Shari

Or, a 30 pack.
If you run out of room for all that, I have plenty of places to store it.
Heck, I'll even give 'ya a 30 pack for it. :cheese:

Look Great! nice score.

Shari said:

Great score!

Shari

By case i mean 30pk. And his beer of choice is millerlite. He said he didnt want anything but everyone needs another case lol.
And I just flushed the trans in the ol dodge so she's ready for load #2!!!

Great deal!!!

Defiantly worth a 30 pack!

Billy

That is a great score. I hope it is not serious with the transmission.

Well we flushed the trans and it seems to be shiftin alot better so i'll keep my fingers crossed it's ok.

And i managed to finish cuttin up the load today after i got my saw runnin right (mixed the fuel a bit too rich) :shut:
Here's the pile all ready for a few wacks with the maul. It's mainly white oak with some red mixed in..
Wood%20048.jpg

Worken it!

SmokinPiney said:
Well we flushed the trans and it seems to be shiftin alot better so i'll keep my fingers crossed it's ok.

And i managed to finish cuttin up the load today after i got my saw runnin right (mixed the fuel a bit too rich) :shut:
Here's the pile all ready for a few wacks with the maul. It's mainly white oak with some red mixed in..
Wood%20048.jpg

Great score, has to be worth a keg plus the tap!

zap

SmokinPiney said:
Shari said:

Great score!

Shari

By case i mean 30pk. And his beer of choice is millerlite. He said he didnt want anything but everyone needs another case lol.
And I just flushed the trans in the ol dodge so she's ready for load #2!!!

He is give'n you oak and you give him American beer!?? For god sake man, at least get him some real Canadian beer! %-P

hahaha hey it's what he drinks! I drink it as well but often pick up a 6 pack of molson canadian. That is when i feel like gettin buzzed off 3 beers lol.

Put me in an order for 10- 30 packs worth plz.

Great score.
I bet you knew you had a load pulling that much weight.
Tested your brakes some too I bet.
Hope your tranny holds up, may check your tranny fluid cooler & make sure it's clean.

if your going give him some beer, and it's going to be canadian, give him what he's lookin for in a beer. molsen xxx. just make sure you got a chair if your going to down um.
those chrysler tranys don't like anything in the filter. if your working it, change it often. if it's a diesel, really change it often.

Ya that canadian beer sure kicks ya in the arse pretty quick!

Oh i know all about the chrysler diesel trannys lol. Im on my second rebuild in my 96 cummins and the first in my 91 (the one i just had issues with). Heck i can pull and install a dodge trans in a hr or so now.. That's not a good thing! Just don't have the $7k to fork out for a fully built trans..

Niiiice score there!

Status
Not open for further replies.