Trailer wheel well Undercoating?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm repainting in fazes a horse trailer.
I will be under coating the underside of the trailer with Rustoluem undercoating.
the wheel well is painted gray/silver now , tires are black with dipped rimes in white!
Should I under coat the wheel well black?

Far as color goes, that's in the eye of the beholder. Black would look OK, I'd think.

Not sure what you have down there, but we can buy spray cans of Rust Check. I got the green-can stuff a couple years ago, and sprayed underneath my sled trailer a couple years ago on the places that were rusty looking. It lasted good, looked the same after the first winter, haven't done a pre-winter check yet for after the second one. But it's not exactly black - just a gooey kinda brownish stuff.

As you can see the trailer is steel.
With the tires mounted it seems to be in shadows , so why not undercoat it and protect at the same time.

img_0687-jpg.562563.jpg
img_0688-jpg.562564.jpg
img_0688-jpg.562564.jpg

OK
I plastic dipped the rims and undercoated the wheel wells.
Before any work.
IMG_0602_zpscmdpkgor.jpg
Wheel%20well%20undercoated_zpsw9exmgtd.jpg
Wheel%20well%20now_zpsf92iniiq.jpg
Should be good for the winter .. spring I might Finish it!

Status
Not open for further replies.