Train your firewood to behave!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JP11

Minister of Fire
May 15, 2011
Central Maine
Thought you guys would get a kick out of this.

Who need a pallet to bring firewood in. You just gotta tell it to mind!

IMGA0004.jpg IMGA0005.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow... must've been frozen pretty well to not slip apart on the first bump!

So much using that pallet jack for awhile. ;lol

It rolled out the front side of the pallet when I grabbed it. Brought the pallet in with half. Waited till morning and cold temps to grab the 'block'

That's the one downfall I have with my 3' forks. They don't lift the whole pallet even. Occasionally, I've busted up thru the bottom. A few times a year I have a pallet blow out a side or I screw up and tip one off the forks. Picking up isn't too bad. Better than stacking and re stacking.

I took a pallet on a trailer to the scales today. Wanted to double check my math on the pallet racks for the new barn. Came out just about where it should per the tables. 3.3 pallets per cord. Just split maple came in at 1440 lbs. call it 50lbs for the 3 pallets and bracing.

Depending on how many spots in the rack I use up with tractor implements.. I'll have room for 28 pallets of firewood. I've burned 29 so far this year since Oct 10.. I don't think we'll get a much colder winter than this one!

JP

Status
Not open for further replies.