Transition to Distributed Energy

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jebatty

Minister of Fire
Jan 1, 2008
Northern MN
Just released today is an interesting report from the Interstate Renewable Energy Council (IREC) on the transition to Distributed Energy. The report discusses improved approaches to cost recovery, rate design, strategic planning, access to data, and grid access.

IREC has lots of other information of interest on its website in the dynamic of renewable energy.

Reactions: semipro
Around here cost recover is very simple for We Energies- they just raise the distribution charges- Most of the year the distribution and other add on charges for ng are 2-3 times my ng usage cost. Electric is killing me considering that i am single seldom have more than 2 lights on mostly keep everything else shutoff. so it boils down to refrig and and 2 fans for the wood stove plus the old tube tv ( off but the warmer circuits are active I guess) got to be a big bleed some where. Ac during summer is a killer it is about 5 years old now along with dehumidifiers

Status
Not open for further replies.