Travis discontinuing Yankee

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

summit

Minister of Fire
Aug 22, 2008
central maine
I just heard, kinda funny... we havn't sold a whole lot of them, but we sell Harman's so there you go... Solid stove, too bad.. I guess the new design from the trade show will take it's place.... any Yankee owners out there care to chime in?

Hello Summit

I own the sister stove, the Travis Avalon Astoria. There is not much difference between the two.
The larger hopper on the Astoria that weighs 250 lbs (25 lbs more) may be a better bargain.
They both have a 4" flue and a 165 CFM convection fan and the exact same control panels. The 12 heat exchanger tubes on the Yankee are smaller than the 10 tubes on the Astoria!

See specs below.

What do you think about the two stoves? What stove is Travis replacing the Yankee with?

Attachments

• TravisYankeeSpecs.jpg
    TravisYankeeSpecs.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 302
  • TravisAvalonAstoriaSpecs.jpg
    TravisAvalonAstoriaSpecs.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 307
  • TravisAvalonAstoriaSpecs2.jpg
    TravisAvalonAstoriaSpecs2.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 302
they unveiled a new bottom feeding design at the trade show... i'd imagine thats whats gonna take their place

summit said:
they unveiled a new bottom feeding design at the trade show... i'd imagine thats whats gonna take their place

Hello summit

According to Sean Hanley the Travis Stove Support Tech, the Astoria will stay in production. Only the Lopi Yankee is being replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.