Travis Industies

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BradleyS

Nov 10, 2013
Long Island, NY
Hello,

Unfortunately it looks like I will not be able to install PE summit.

Looking into a Travis Industies, Fireplacextrordiar Hybrid-Fyre flush mount model.

Anybody have any experience with these?

My buddy just put the big one in his house and the smaller one in his friends.Beautiful big glass! Puts out good heat. He had a vermont castings which he felt put out more heat do to the fact it stuck out more. Pics are a little dark of his, the one with no fire is the smaller model. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

At 22" high and 19" deep will this insert work for the deep fireplace?

Another consideration might be with a stove that has a 45 deg sloped back to improve liner connection. Take a look at the Avalon Rainier 45 and also the Blaze King Princess for examples. Or maybe look at the Enviro Kodiak 1700 which is 19" tall?

It fits. My fireplace definitely has more room. I originally wanted a PE summit insert, but was told even with an offset that it would not get to the flue. Which is 21'' back from the front due to the lintel size.

Fitting is one thing. Being able to connect a liner to the insert is another issue entirely. There has to be room to make the connection. I think you may end up needing an insert that has the flue collar at the back of the stove. A 45deg cant to the flue collar should help too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.