Q&A Travis industries - difference between their stove lines Lop

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

QandA

Staff member
Nov 27, 2012
Question:

What is the real difference in the two stove lines that travis industries has? I see they make both the avalon and lopi modles. Are they just the same thing with different names, or are they two basically separate divisions?

Answer:

They have different designs, especially on the exterior. THe technology on certain models may be similar, but the stoves are surely not carbon copies of one another.

The two brands exist for a number of reasons. Travis bought Avalon a number of years ago while Lopi was always their house brand and a better known name. It allows them wider distribution, since the lines can be separated....i.e., dealer # in anywhere, USA has Lopi and dealer #2 sells Avalon.

I use an Avalon gas stove as the 100% heat for a 30x30 foot studio above my garage.

Most dealers will tell you that you can't go wrong with these particular brands.

Status
Not open for further replies.