1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
  1. WASPKFD

WASPKFD New Member

Loc:
    Iowa
    I get a lot of my wood from pipe dunnage mostly oak,, but A buddy of mine cut up a pile of these in the photo but seems to have a darker color around the outside..let me know what ya think,, to burn or not.. thanx wood 3.JPG wood s1.JPG wood s1.JPG wood 3.JPG wood s1.JPG wood 3.JPG

Attached Files:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. dmmoss51

dmmoss51 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Michigan
    The answer to treated wood is no *by asking the questions sounds like you know this*

I think it looks weathered not treated. Could you ask your buddy?
  3. WASPKFD

WASPKFD New Member

Loc:
    Iowa
    he got it off a site that unloaded a bunch of huge gas pipe,, he brought it over but a noticed the dark edge ,, so Im kinda making sure befor I burn,,, I just go done reading about cca wood and was a litted concerned lol...
  4. dmmoss51

dmmoss51 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Michigan
    If it was something used as a temporary suppost during shipment, doubt they would go to the extra expense of using treated but it would be nice to know for sure.
  5. Beetle-Kill

Beetle-Kill Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Colorado- near the Divide
    Doubt it's PT but who knows? Probably just preservative oil from the "pickeling" new steel sometimes gets, depending on type of steel. I'll see pickeling on smaller pipe, not so much on larger diam. stuff.
  6. WASPKFD

WASPKFD New Member

Loc:
    Iowa
    tried it last night it burned like a champ lol.....no weird smell or anything,, thanx again!!!
  7. 930dreamer

930dreamer Member

Loc:
    Amarillo, TX
    Cribbing isn't normally pressure treated, looks like some great pieces.
  8. WASPKFD

WASPKFD New Member

Loc:
    Iowa
    HEY Thanx!!!! ya im burning it just got another load of it... Also were putting in leatche lines at a land fill and some ding dong dumped a pile of oak ( not split) 4" thick and 18 round I saved it from the burn pile lol!!!!!
    This old BUCK 2800 is a GOD!!!!!!!