treated wood?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WASPKFD

Nov 3, 2013
Iowa
I get a lot of my wood from pipe dunnage mostly oak,, but A buddy of mine cut up a pile of these in the photo but seems to have a darker color around the outside..let me know what ya think,, to burn or not.. thanx wood 3.JPG wood s1.JPG wood s1.JPG wood 3.JPG wood s1.JPG wood 3.JPG

Attachments

• woods2.JPG
    woods2.JPG
    27.9 KB · Views: 170
The answer to treated wood is no *by asking the questions sounds like you know this*

I think it looks weathered not treated. Could you ask your buddy?

he got it off a site that unloaded a bunch of huge gas pipe,, he brought it over but a noticed the dark edge ,, so Im kinda making sure befor I burn,,, I just go done reading about cca wood and was a litted concerned lol...

If it was something used as a temporary suppost during shipment, doubt they would go to the extra expense of using treated but it would be nice to know for sure.

Doubt it's PT but who knows? Probably just preservative oil from the "pickeling" new steel sometimes gets, depending on type of steel. I'll see pickeling on smaller pipe, not so much on larger diam. stuff.

tried it last night it burned like a champ lol.....no weird smell or anything,, thanx again!!!

Cribbing isn't normally pressure treated, looks like some great pieces.

HEY Thanx!!!! ya im burning it just got another load of it... Also were putting in leatche lines at a land fill and some ding dong dumped a pile of oak ( not split) 4" thick and 18 round I saved it from the burn pile lol!!!!!
This old BUCK 2800 is a GOD!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.