tree cycle followup

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
POCONOMAN,

Were you able to see the pic of the bag I have under my profile? Just wondering if it's viewable by everyone or just me.

If you see the bag and by the looks of it, do you know anything about what batch it's from?

pelletnubi said:
......then switched to a light blue/white bag from I believe N.Carolina, forgot the name, those pellets created more ash then the greenteam. Don't quote me on this but I think that blue/white bag said pellets were made specifically for Lowes.....

The pellets that Lowes sold last year were called Clean Energy. Their made by a mill in the south, but I forget what one it was.

pelletnubi said:
POCONOMAN,

Were you able to see the pic of the bag I have under my profile? Just wondering if it's viewable by everyone or just me.

If you see the bag and by the looks of it, do you know anything about what batch it's from?

Pelletnubi, you might want to send a PM to Jay Takeman (j-takeman) and ask him to look at the pic (everyone can see it). He did some "testing" of their pellets last year and might be able to shed some light on the bag/batch.

imacman said:
pelletnubi said:
......then switched to a light blue/white bag from I believe N.Carolina, forgot the name, those pellets created more ash then the greenteam. Don't quote me on this but I think that blue/white bag said pellets were made specifically for Lowes.....

The pellets that Lowes sold last year were called Clean Energy. They're made by a mill in the south, but I forget what one it was.

That's the ones. I definately chose greeneteam over those until they ran out then I had no choice. I'll PM 'J-Takeman' to see if he knows anything about this different bag.

pelletnubi said:
POCONOMAN,

It's DEFINITELY not the first batch which wasn't great. They had a green bag.

Jim.H burned some of the new TC and he says they're great. High heat and much less clinkers. I suggest you shoot him a PM.

pelletnubi said:
imacman said:
pelletnubi said:

The pellets that Lowes sold last year were called Clean Energy. They're made by a mill in the south, but I forget what one it was.

That's the ones. I definately chose greeneteam over those until they ran out then I had no choice. I'll PM jakeman to see if he knows anything about this different bag.

The pellets I tested all came in the old bags.

The new bags were supposed to be this bag, But it sounds like they changed them again. I have been spending most of my time trying to stay cool and catching monster fish. Haven't had much time to keep up with the pellet game.

The bag with the pellet stove is what pelletnubi is taking about. I though those were the new MaineWoods bags??? Can another confirm that the bag with the stove is what is the new bag????

Edit: This is actually good that Mike has changed the bags. We can keep track of the good and the better this way. Just my 2 cents worth.

Attachments

• treecycle,%20yard,melinda%20softball003.jpg
    treecycle,%20yard,melinda%20softball003.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 275
  • photo_20363.jpg
    photo_20363.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 275
There was a fire at the Tree cycle plant about two weeks ago. Unknown when they will be back up.

richg said:
There was a fire at the Tree cycle plant about two weeks ago. Unknown when they will be back up.

Seems to be something that keeps happening lately. Hope all is OK and there were no injuries.

richg said:

Wow, was that in the paper or news? I didn't see or hear anything about it.

imacman said:
pelletnubi said:
I'll PM jakeman.....

His forum name is not jakeman, it's j-takeman.

Simple mistake. Hope I didn't offend you. I'll go and edit.

J-Takeman

If it's ok with the site I'll post a link to where you can find the new bags and pellet sale info, to confirm the new bag look. Let me know if it's against the rules to post links.

I'm actually going for the 3 ton order and am going to sell off some to local pellet users. The new pellets can't be worst than what Lowes is going to carry.

Jim H. said:
You can get them thru Pelletdirect also for a great buy! I believe that is only for the new england area....?

Jim

Long Pond Stove Shop in Eastern Ct is also selling TreeCycle $219.00 per ton. www.lppellets.com

Hi everyone ,first post here on Hearth. Going on the fourth season of full time pellet burning.Thanks for all the updates on Tree Cycle and looking forward to more. I've been waiting a couple seasons for their pellets to hit the market in the hopes it would alleviate the occasional lack of pellets here on the coast of central nj.

Also just wanted to mention,after reading the other posts in this thread, the Tractor Supply in Flanders nj,currently is selling Hardwood Heat pellets for 200 per ton. Was told by the salesman these are made by Hamer,burned 5 bags at the end of this last season and was happy with them. Pre-ordered 3 ton for pickup no later then Oct 1 of whatever brand they have stocked at the time. Last season was Lignetics which i'm hoping for again. Was told today 8/1/2010 is the last day for layaway, but $200 per ton is the daily price as of now on what is in stock (Hardwood Heat).

Best

K Man

K MAN said:
.......Hardwood Heat pellets for 200 per ton. Was told by the salesman these are made by Hamer,burned 5 bags at the end of this last season and was happy with them. Pre-ordered 3 ton for pickup no later then Oct 1 of whatever brand they have stocked at the time.......

First of all, welcome to the forum K Man. Maybe you can post a pic of your stove, and add some info in your signature line about it.

Secondly, if you like the way the Hardwood Heat burned, why wait and take a chance that the pellets they have in Oct. might be junk? The salesman was correct.....Hardwood Heat pellets ARE made by Hamers, and they are a GOOD pellet. If the TSC has them in stock now, I'd grab them NOW, IMO.

imacman said:
K MAN said:
.......Hardwood Heat pellets for 200 per ton. Was told by the salesman these are made by Hamer,burned 5 bags at the end of this last season and was happy with them. Pre-ordered 3 ton for pickup no later then Oct 1 of whatever brand they have stocked at the time.......

First of all, welcome to the forum K Man. Maybe you can post a pic of your stove, and add some info in your signature line about it.

Secondly, if you like the way the Hardwood Heat burned, why wait and take a chance that the pellets they have in Oct. might be junk? The salesman was correct.....Hardwood Heat pellets ARE made by Hamers, and they are a GOOD pellet. If the TSC has them in stock now, I'd grab them NOW, IMO.

Thanks Imacman, have an englander 25pdvc , can't say enough good things about it. Had looked at the Dell point about 10 years ago, but the price was up there.

You're probably right about just picking up the pellets now,but was hoping to leave them in their yard rather then mine for the 6 extra weeks.(only a small shed here and no garage). Also hoping to pick up the lignetics again as i didn't think they burned as hot. Heating only a 1200 sq ft cape counting both floors, so the pellets that aren't as hot , allow me to not have to turn the stove on /off as much. Boreal , from Canada ,makes a low ash pellet that is a good example of low heat,although these wont get the job done in the dead of winter.(sold @ Bartells, Clark nj $6 per bag)

K MAN said:
Thanks Imacman, have an englander 25pdvc , can't say enough good things about it. Had looked at the Dell point about 10 years ago, but the price was up there.

You're probably right about just picking up the pellets now,but was hoping to leave them in their yard rather then mine for the 6 extra weeks.(only a small shed here and no garage). Also hoping to pick up the lignetics again as i didn't think they burned as hot. Heating only a 1200 sq ft cape counting both floors, so the pellets that aren't as hot , allow me to not have to turn the stove on /off as much.

IMO, I'd get the better pellets now, and store them in your yard w/ a good tarp over them....it can't be any worse than TSC having them sitting outdoors in the weather UNCOVERED, as I'm sure they are.

As for the Lignetics, last years batch wasn't too good, so don't buy them at any kind of premium price until burning season starts and we get results for this years batch....hopefully they improved them, but you never know.

As for as the lower heat, why can't you just turn the feed rate down to low on the stove??

slvrblkk said:
richg said:

Well, there was not a fire at the plant, I was just there this morning and swapped out my pellets and they are running five 10 hour days and Saturdays if needed. Mike is great guy and I hope they do well and wish them the best. They seemed to have straightened out their problems from last year.

imacman said:
K MAN said:

You're probably right about just picking up the pellets now,but was hoping to leave them in their yard rather then mine for the 6 extra weeks.(only a small shed here and no garage). Also hoping to pick up the lignetics again as i didn't think they burned as hot. Heating only a 1200 sq ft cape counting both floors, so the pellets that aren't as hot , allow me to not have to turn the stove on /off as much.

IMO, I'd get the better pellets now, and store them in your yard w/ a good tarp over them....it can't be any worse than TSC having them sitting outdoors in the weather UNCOVERED, as I'm sure they are.

As for the Lignetics, last years batch wasn't too good, so don't buy them at any kind of premium price until burning season starts and we get results for this years batch....hopefully they improved them, but you never know.

As for as the lower heat, why can't you just turn the feed rate down to low on the stove??

Good point,had a flashback to last winter seeing them in the gated sideyard covered with snow after reading your post. Will start picking them up next week,it's almost an hour there and a little over an hour back home ,loaded with half a pallet in the F150.

Rarely is the setting above 1,the lowest, except when first turning it on after work. The temp in the house was never below 57 with no other heat source turned on. Originally had an overheat shutoff problem that the company was able to solve over the phone by reprogramming thru the heat/fan electronic controls . Wonder if they can't reprogram to actually slow the feed rate to slightly less than 1?

K MAN said:
imacman said:
K MAN said:

Good point,had a flashback to last winter seeing them in the gated sideyard covered with snow after reading your post. Will start picking them up next week,it's almost an hour there and a little over an hour back home ,loaded with half a pallet in the F150.

Rarely is the setting above 1,the lowest, except when first turning it on after work. The temp in the house was never below 57 with no other heat source turned on. Originally had an overheat shutoff problem that the company was able to solve over the phone by reprogramming thru the heat/fan electronic controls . Wonder if they can't reprogram to actually slow the feed rate to slightly less than 1?
if u turn the feed rate down too much so the fire goes out intermittently, the buildup of gas from smouldering pellets will result in a minor? gas explosion.= flame's gotta remain present & not even slightly extinguished by incoming pellets

slvrblkk said:
slvrblkk said:
richg said:

Well, there was not a fire at the plant, I was just there this morning and swapped out my pellets and they are running five 10 hour days and Saturdays if needed. Mike is great guy and I hope they do well and wish them the best. They seemed to have straightened out their problems from last year.

Oh, I guess that emergency email I got from them was a figment of the imagination. Without divulging what I do for a living, there sure as fork was a fire and they were down. :roll:

richg said:
slvrblkk said:
slvrblkk said:
richg said:

Oh, I guess that emergency email I got from them was a figment of the imagination. Without divulging what I do for a living, there sure as fork was a fire and they were down. :roll:

Geez....chill....I don't care what kind of email you got...I'm telling you what I SAW with my OWN EYES.....up and running.....I asked where you heard about it and you didn't reply......I thought you might have mistakenly thought it was another plant that caught on fire.....

FYI................ treecycle is up and running smooth lots of pellets stacked! they seem to be running full steam ahead..

could what ever fire is mentioned be at the plant in NJ? The plant we have been discussing and Mike are out of the Nazareth plant off of 191.....just a thought.....

Jim

I have been extremely happy with the quality and service...as well as how Mike does listen to all of us to get his pellet better.....

Hello All!

This is my first post on here but have been burning my Harman XXV for 5 years now. I was drawn to this thread because I live near Treecycle and it's obvious from these posts that none of you do. There was indeed a fire there on Engler Road a few weeks ago. They were down for aboutu 2 weeks. I know this because I can hear their machine run incessantly all day long. I saw the fire and the billowing black smoke myself so make no mistake--they had one. It is a bit convienient though that this fire occured during a period when they are having money troubles and it only hurt an outside structure....glad that no one was injured. The volunteer fire company responded shortly after the fire was called in and had it under control within a half hour. They stayed with the fire until 9 or 10 pm though--those firefighters are top notch!!

Status
Not open for further replies.