Tree envy, I need help!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

930dreamer

Burning Hunk
Jun 3, 2013
Amarillo, TX
I spent a week in the PNW and it was a great place to return to. These three Douglas firs are in my mothers backyard, I started to figure the correct way to fall the trees in my head and the cord yield. I'm back in the desert so the firs are safe now.

Attachments

• 100_9451.JPG
    100_9451.JPG
    182.8 KB · Views: 171
  • 100_9439.JPG
    100_9439.JPG
    186.4 KB · Views: 161
That is a HUGE old fir... So lets hear it...What was your rough cord yield figure? ;)

For all three firs I'm not really sure. I think the big one could/would be used for lumber?

We've taken down a couple on the property. A big one yields about 2 cords, not counting limbs which can be 8" diameter.

I dunno about cord yield, but I do know what the correct way to fell them is. Toward the neighbor's place!

Reactions: D8Chumley
Status
Not open for further replies.