Tree guy delivery......made him take $60 for his trouble....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

southbalto

Feeling the Heat
Nov 20, 2008
Mid-Atlantic
2rn8odd.gif

mhdf6r.jpg

Ultimate score! 2.5-3.5 cords?

Great score! Be careful of what looks to be poison ivy!

Nice score. Happy splitting!!

Very nice. I am surprised about how short they cut those rounds. From my experience the TS usually makes as few cuts as possible. Time/money being a factor. Congrats.

OHHHHHHHHHH, yes. You have some poison ivy wrapped with that score. Be cautious.

KC

javier said:
Very nice. I am surprised about how short they cut those rounds. From my experience the TS usually makes as few cuts as possible. Time/money being a factor. Congrats.
This is true to what i've seen, as well---BUT---only when the TS is owner operated. If it's a crew using owner's equipment then they cut small ESPECIALLY if they have to move all the wood by hand.

Wow! Helluva score!

x2 on the poison ivy. I was on steriods many atime when I was young kid. I'd always get it on my face and doc was worried about it going into my eyes. I stay miles away from that stuff. I may get it just looking at those pics. :ahhh:

javier said:

They're actually 18" long, and 36" across - hah ha

Nice. I see 2lip poplar (you'll need to noodle that to get it to split), and by the bark it looks like red oak in the 2nd set of pics, but could be maple. Thankfully the weather is starting to cool off a bit so that splitting won't as bad. Have fun.

Yea, my best guess is 2-3 cords. Poplar and Red Oak.

I'm going to start working on the easy stuff this weekend. I think i'm going to have to rent a splitter for the gnarly chunks.

Very, very nice score. Just make sure you wear gloves and long sleeves as you carefully peel that PI vine off the rounds. I've found that a grubbing hoe can be useful to help loosen/peel the stuff off as well.

Great score and you are to be commended for giving the dollars. No doubt you will be receiving more in the future.

I tend to forget how so many folks are bothered by the poison ivy. Many times we don't think about it much but was reminded when rdust came along. He definitely does not like it. I quite often will remove it after cutting into firewood lengths and sometimes even before that but many times I just leave it on if there is not much. It doesn't bother us much around here.

southbalto, your info says "mid-atlantic". maryland is considered "mid-atlantic". Hey, can i get some for $60 bucks? Does he deliver?

cass

Yeah, you definitely got hooked up here! I don't get the poison ivy so bad soooooo I'd be splittin' and stackin' and not even worryin' about them vines.

Neighbor around the corner just took down some maple trees.

I got another 6 full size truckloads on Sunday......

This is getting stupid.

you need to get another wood stove or start selling, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.