Tree ID app for iPhone

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sleepy

Jan 23, 2008
Western Pa.
I just found this application called "Tree ID" for the iPhone.

Only $3.99 so I downloaded it.

Anyone else try it?

Crap - that was on my list of programs to write this winter. Besides ID, I was intending on including BTU content, wet/dry weight, etc, as well as various logging conversions (DBH, boardfeet, pulp per acre and so on).

Is it any good?

I have been really busy at work and haven't had a chance to use it yet.

There were only a couple of tree ID apps and this one looked like the best.

Let us know when it becomes a FREE app! ha. I hate paying for apps....

stee6043 said:

I think paying for these apps is ludicrous. I bet you can get a good tree ID book for $5 and an even better one for under $20.

CTwoodburner said:
stee6043 said:

I think paying for these apps is ludicrous. I bet you can get a good tree ID book for $5 and an even better one for under $20.

I like to get paid for my work and have no problem paying someone else for theirs. For $4 it was a bargain and I always have my phone with me so I do not have to keep track of a book.

Status
Not open for further replies.