Tree ID Needed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jjs777_fzr

Feeling the Heat
My daughter brought a dormant tree home this past Arbor day - and it's really taken off.
I've been googling without much success. This was a bare stick with roots...and now it's added about 8" of new growth - pretty cool actually since I didnt plant it right away and thought I took too long and killed the poor thing. No I am not looking at this thing as future firewood ;) What I fail to understand is it came with paperwork to plant it and promote Arbor day - but nothing said what species of tree it is. Or is it too young of a tree to tell ?

Thanks in advance.

Looks like Mulberry to me too...and they grow wicked fast. Its been so dry here this summer that most people stopped mowing their yards in June. There are mulberry trees everywhere in yards that are a foot tall or better.

Status
Not open for further replies.