Tree ID? (updated with pictures- wait, I GOT IT!)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
CountryBoy19 said:
If it's pecan I'm jealous... I have 3 small pecan trees in my yard that I planted this spring. I can't wait until they begin to bear pecans...

BTW, that tree will eventually have to come down. Pecan trees pretty much never stop growing, they can get VERY VERY large...

I know... and I am bummed. But I have kind of a thing about that, I try to get a cutting or something of a tree to root before I take it down. The old owners had a fig tree against the house that has become a problem but I grew a cutting in a pot and if it takes off in the ground I will cut the big fig out. Maybe I can propagate something from this pecan, or if not, get a pecan and plant it elsewhere in the backyard. My husband would love to get rid of a terrible bush-tree thing that's back there and I guess that might be a good spot. I hate killing trees. But I guess pecan will be nice burning wood at least.

ahhh, pecan for sure.

where are you in VA???

pecans are awesome trees. I saw the va state record pecan tree in cumberland county near where I grew up. on some old folks property - said it was planted from a seed(nut) brought back from down south somewhere by or for one of the presidents!!! (maybe jefferson? )

FLINT said:
ahhh, pecan for sure.

where are you in VA???

pecans are awesome trees. I saw the va state record pecan tree in cumberland county near where I grew up. on some old folks property - said it was planted from a seed(nut) brought back from down south somewhere by or for one of the presidents!!! (maybe jefferson? )

We are in Williamsburg. How big was the state record tree?!

Status
Not open for further replies.