Tree ID

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tfapps

Jan 5, 2012
Ct
Got some of this from my brother in laws house and have no clue what it is or if its worth burning. Wondering if you guys can help.

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_1095.jpg
    IMG_1095.jpg
    337.7 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_1096.jpg
    IMG_1096.jpg
    253.3 KB · Views: 186
Are they two different trees? The first looks like a very "soft" hardwood, just looks like a lower BTU tree but it'll burn.

Piece #1 is Ailanthus. It pretty much isn't worth peeing on. I'm not sure what the split piece is. The other pieces appear different.

Reactions: TreePointer
The image focus of img_1095 is tree of heaven/ ailanthus as Paul bunion said. Img_1096 looks like it split easily? I would like a bark shot. Very clean pics btw.

Thanks Guys. It should be the same tree but its possible I snapped a shot of something different on the split piece. Ill split that one and take another shot. Never heard of Ailanthus. I only have a few pieces of this. Ill throw anything in the stove that burns unless theres a reason not to.

Misnamed for sure. Tree of heaven. It can't be killed. Should be called never die.

Status
Not open for further replies.