Tree ID

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mettlemickey

Mar 5, 2014
UK, Warwickshire
Hi can anyone identify this tree? I got some of this earlier in the summer from the same area.

Just wondered what it is and if its any good.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• AdobePhotoshopExpress_e1336d18d3c9412d81a68a954760ae5d.jpg
    AdobePhotoshopExpress_e1336d18d3c9412d81a68a954760ae5d.jpg
    242.9 KB · Views: 163
  • WP_20140916_18_37_06_Pro.jpg
    WP_20140916_18_37_06_Pro.jpg
    218.2 KB · Views: 161
Looks kinda beechy.

If that's what it is, it should be good firewood. At least American beech is.

Thanks, im told Beech is pretty common round here so that would make sense.

It split really nicely when I processed it. If that's any indicator...

I'd the wood orang-ish when you split it? I ask because it doesn't quite look like beech bark to me. Looks a bit to green hued

Also, beech is usually pretty rough to split

Throw up some split pics and we can say for sure if it's beech, it's an easy one to id

No I don't think so bigbarf, as I recall it was a very clean white/wood colour.

No I don't think so bigbarf, as I recall it was a very clean white/wood colour.

I don't think it's beech then.

Could be some kind of non native or shrub-y tree. I recall having done wood that looked similar that I got from the curb a while back and it was some sort of ornamental yard tree

Whoops, didn't notice that! Sorry, my ID skills don't extend outside of North America ;lol

Its that local so I cant easily take another pic Chris.

If you zoom in though you can see some of the leaves in that shot are from the tree itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.