Tree ID

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Copper44

Oct 26, 2014
Mid-Michigan
Buddy is having a large Maple being taken down and said I can have the wood. I am thinking Silver Maple. Any other possibilities?

9c4af7c8b5d262e6d4613d21749ce1e3.jpg
706f2acc1757942cf4f3193026ce0e2b.jpg

Burn a lot of it. Bark and Sivers many times have multiple trunks.

Well ended up taking 90% of the tree from my buddy. Had 4 full 8 foot bed loads worth. Had a few helpers so split some while we were there. Thinking it was a good thing I did this as I dropped off my equipment in the morning right when the tree service was starting. When I came back they asked if I was interested in them dropping free wood off, well of course I said yes. Had a load appear today. Mostly small logs of maple with some bigger rounds and some ash. Nice and clean though!

292a8009b808f8f51ba47ec16c4a9974.jpg

White birch is good for shoulder seasons. Burns hot and fast. And get it off ground asap, it rots from inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.