Tree ID

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remmy122

Jan 7, 2011
East NC
I have seen this tree all over the place while at work. Mostly in yards in older neighborhoods (aka the hood).

Tonight I finally decided to pick up a bit on the way home that fell victim to Irene. The limb was burried and I couldnt get it out so I grabbed the leaves along with the seed.

Thanks for the replys!

Attachments

• tree1.jpg
    tree1.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 274
  • tree2.jpg
    tree2.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 261
  • tree3.jpg
    tree3.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 254
Diffcult w/o bark. Could be China berry, possibly mountain ash?

Just googled it and looks like chinaberry is a winner.

The wood seems very light, dont know about use as fire wood... but with the ammount of oak around here on the ground thats all Im picking up

Thanks! Its been driving me crazy trying to figure it out!

China berry for sure. I don't know anything about burning it though. It got to be worth trying though.

Interesting - sure looks like Chinaberry - just looked it up on the web - new one to me. Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.