Tree service delivery!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ckarotka

Minister of Fire
Sep 21, 2009
Northwest PA on the lake
As I was cleaning out my car I hear "WHERE DO YOU WANT IT!!!" I turn to see my favorite tree guy with a flatbed/crane and a dump truck loaded with wood. Naturally I point "over there". A nice load of silver maple delivered right to my processing area. This stuff is bigger than I'm used to splitting and my require a splitter and lots of labor, but I can't beat the price.

I made sure to find out where they were working and dropped off an disposable cooler with ice and Gatorade. It is still hot here and they all had big smiles when I walked up with the cooler. This guy did some work for me when I bought the house 5 years ago, and is really a nice guy. He offered up more later this week, but now with this load and the smaller one I just gathered last weekend I need to play catchup before bring home anymore.

Attachments

• more wood.jpg
    more wood.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 645
ckarotka said:
As I was cleaning out my car I hear "WHERE DO YOU WANT IT!!!" I turn to see my favorite tree guy with a flatbed/crane and a dump truck loaded with wood. Naturally I point "over there". A nice load of silver maple delivered right to my processing area. This stuff is bigger than I'm used to splitting and my require a splitter and lots of labor, but I can't beat the price.

I made sure to find out where they were working and dropped off an disposable cooler with ice and Gatorade. It is still hot here and they all had big smiles when I walked up with the cooler. This guy did some work for me when I bought the house 5 years ago, and is really a nice guy. He offered up more later this week, but now with this load and the smaller one I just gathered last weekend I need to play catchup before bring home anymore.

Nice score and I'm sure they will like the gatorade with ice.

zap

Those big pieces on the right will be fun. Get some wedges and a big sledge. Nice score though.

Sweet!

Looks like you are on the road to wood nirvana there.

Free wood sounds like justification to buy some new wood processing toys/tools :)

"I made sure to find out where they were working and dropped off an disposable cooler with ice and Gatorade"

NICE THAT MAKES ALOT OF FRIENDS IN THE HEAT! A bucket makes a nice cooler....

Slow1 said:
Sweet!

Looks like you are on the road to wood nirvana there.

Free wood sounds like justification to buy some new wood processing toys/tools :)

I like the way you think. I'm starting to get that feeling you guys talk about when you get ahead, feels good!
I've really been bustin a** to get ahead before the new baby comes incase next year I don't get the time.

Just thought I would add my new found love for pallets. The bins go left to right, uglies, uglies, kindling. I've managed to rake up all the bark and bits left over from splitting and put them here so in the shoulder season I have all the kindling I need. Someone on this site gave my the idea and I ran with it. Now I look for good pallets just as much as I do for wood.

Attachments

• pallets.jpg
    pallets.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 467
ckarotka said:
Just thought I would add my new found love for pallets. The bins go left to right, uglies, uglies, kindling. I've managed to rake up all the bark and bits left over from splitting and put them here so in the shoulder season I have all the kindling I need. Someone on this site gave my the idea and I ran with it. Now I look for good pallets just as much as I do for wood.

It's a sickness and you have it! :coolgrin: Welcome to the group.

zap

Great to see you went the extra mile with the cool Gatorade. One good turn deserves another.

I like to see the pallets finding multiple uses. The thread that built the shed from pallets was awesome.
Reduce, Re-use, Recycle!

Happy burning.

The gatorade was a great gesture. I always make it a point to have that stuff cold on hand when I have a contractor working for me. It's amazing how something like that makes their day so much better.

Clarkbar2311 said:
The gatorade was a great gesture. I always make it a point to have that stuff cold on hand when I have a contractor working for me. It's amazing how something like that makes their day so much better.

My dad when someone is working for him will have coffee and donut's in the A.M. and lunch if there going to be there that long...I use to think he was NUTS but you should see how much extra labour gets done.. Awesome concept!

ckarotka said:

ckarotka, that was an excellent move on your part to take them the drinks and cooler. Thank you.

Your comment about the bigger stuff is the common belief but is not necessarily so. Many times the big ones split easier than the little ones so don't let size fool you. Actually, I'd rather split the big ones that the little ones as it seems to me that your split pile grows much faster when doing the big stuff and that is true rather you split by hand or with machine. Just realize that you will have to whack a big split more than once, usually.

EatenByLimestone said:
Wood Fairys rock!

Matt

HehHeh . . . I don't know if I would call those rugged guys wood fairies. ;) :)

On a serious note . . . nice move with the Gatorade.

Status
Not open for further replies.