Tree Service in Northern Va

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eujamfh

Dec 5, 2009
va
Its a long shot, but if there are any guys here that know of a tree service that is looking to drop wood to avoid the dump fees, I am willing to take anything but brush and rot.

I am coming home from Afghanistan for two weeks in between the holidays, and if there is anyone out there that is taking trees in the NOVA area that wants to dump, I will be home for two weeks of leave and willing to take near anything to keep the stacks ahead of "non seasoned wood."

We are ahead for this year and likely next...but if I can a little bit while I am home on leave...it will help the scrounge when I get home.

Let me know,
Matt

eujamfh- If I were closer, I'd happily re-"PAY" you for your service with some nice seasoned hardwood in your driveway. Perhaps some Hearth members that are in your neck of the woods could spare a few splits? I have no doubt that there are......and Thankyou.

WFA - I really appreciate your generosity. We live in a big house, make good money and I would feel guilty taking wood from others...unless it is going to the dump. There are so many less fortunate than us, and taking someone's hard work would make my wife and I feel nothing shy of guilty.

But taking from a service that would have to dump it...we are ok with that. In fact, I would be willing to give some beer or gas money to make it happen. But to take good wood, from the folks on this forum that burn themselves...I would not be able to sleep at night.

We ALL sleep better at night (LITERALLY) b/c of you. God Bless.

Status
Not open for further replies.